DIY Ring Dish

I was trying to come up with some cute gift ideas that I could use my silhouette cameo to make and came across this on pinterest. I figured that would be pretty easy!

So I ordered the "tasting bowls" by Libbey on Amazon prime and they were here in no time!

Then I had to get to designing in the silhouette studio. I went to dafont.com and downloaded KK monogram font for free to use. I designed them similarly to the post I got the idea from, but the curly monogram font didn't come out well when cut so small. Maybe I should have set it at a slower speed but the letters were so thin that they got picked up/torn, etc. So back to the drawing board I went. 


I did a couple of "plain" monograms, just the letters with cute fonts. Then I found a tutorial on pinterest for circle monograms using whatever font you want. I tried that, but with certain letters it just looked weird, so then I added my own circle around it (2 circles, one larger and one smaller). I was pretty satisfied with that so I cut the vinyl and put it in the dish using transfer paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment