St. Paddy's Run Green 8k

Trey and I decided to run the St. Paddy's Run Green 8k from Tir Na Nog downtown. They also did a kilt run to try to break the Guiness Book of World Records but were about 200 kilted people shy... maybe next year we will join in the kilt part, but I didn't feel like buying the $75 kilt they had for sale when we went to pick up our race stuff!

The race was at 3:00 and it was packed! We left from Moore Square and ran through Historic Oakwood and all the way around the cemetery! It was a pretty run and cool to see how some of those roads back there connect but it was super hilly! Trey ran it with me, because he has the ability to just up and run 5 miles so he did! I could never have done that before I started training, I'm so jealous of his natural athletic ability. We kept about a 9:30 pace and since it was so hilly by the end he was pretty tired, but held up! It was kind of nice to be better at something for once ;) But I have been running and training for months and he hasn't run since the last 10k he just up and ran with me! 



Our race fee included a beer after the race and we were expecting to get just a crappy Bud Light or something but we could choose from Red Hook IPA, Kona Longboard or Blue Point's White IPA. Pretty good choices! 

It was a fun race and always nice that most races support some form of charity so my money is being put to good use... this one supports the MS Society.

No comments:

Post a Comment