Valentines Rice Krispie Treats

I made rice krispie treats for our weekly dinner with friends, as our dessert last night! I bought a box of Rice Krispies, thinking that the directions would be on the box... they weren't! So after searching the web for a while I thought I would record how I did it. 

I used marshmallow fluff, not actual marshmallows so I had to search through a few recipes to be sure of all of the best tricks with it.

What You Need:
1 (7 oz) jar Marshmallow Fluff
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) BUTTER (not margarine... not enough oil)
5 cups Rice Krispie Treats (get the real kind)
*Food coloring

What You Do:
Melt the butter on low heat. 


Add the marshmallow fluff (I used a spatula to get it out, worked pretty well), heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. 
Add about 4 drops of the food coloring of your choice (I went with red for Valentines day... 4 drops gave me a light pink color... add more if you want more color!)


Remove from heat and immediately mix in rice krispies.

In a 13x9 pan (preferably with a wax sheet down), spread out the mixture (the trick here is to wet your hands slightly, then nothing will stick!) 

Let it cool, then cut with your cookie cutter shape of choice! (A heart for Valentines... of course!)


No comments:

Post a Comment