Crock Pot Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches

School has started back, which means my free time for blogging and cooking has slowed down! This week we decided to do a crock pot meal on a night that I had to be actively online for grad school from 4:30-7:30, I put it in when I got home from work and was ready to eat my sandwich while doing my class (I cannot wait to eat dinner until 7:30 when my lunch is at 11:30!)

I found the recipe from this blog, originally from pinterest. It was really easy to prepare and yummy too!

What you need: 
1 1/2 lbs beef round steak 
1 green pepper, sliced thin 
1 medium onion, sliced thin 
14 oz beef broth 
1 envelope Italian dressing mix 
4-6 hoagie buns
Provolone cheese slices

What you do: 
Spray crock pot with non-stick cooking spray. 
Cut meat into strips, place in slow cooker. 
Cut with my new favorite knife!
Add green pepper, onion, broth, and dressing mix. 
Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours, or high 3-4 hours. 
Toast bread in a 375 degree oven for 5 minutes, add meat and cheese slices, then bake an additional 5 minutes to melt the cheese. 

You don't have to toast it but I like crispy bread!

It was a great easy meal and all I had to do for clean up was wash the crock pot!

No comments:

Post a Comment