10 Day Challenge: Success!

A few weeks ago, my friend Marianna asked me if I wanted to do a 10 day "diet" challenge with her. It is a partner challenge with a group of people who keep you accountable. You drink a shakeology drink as one of your meals each day and basically just eat 5 small meals a day with smaller portions, along with doing cardio for 30 minutes a day. I knew we were going to Darlington for the race during the 10 day period, but decided to take it on anyways! 

I drank the shakeology shake for breakfast (I prefer the chocolate or strawberry mixed with skim milk and maybe some strawberries or bananas), ate a mid morning snack about 2-3 hours later, had lunch that was still filling but portion controlled, not a HUGE pile of left overs from the night before, ate a mid afternoon snack and then dinner, again portion controlled. My main reason for wanting to do this is to jump start a little bit of weight loss... nothing crazy but tone up and lose a few pounds, get back into the shape I'd be comfortable in and to get into a habit of eating 5 small meals a day. Typically, I eat a tiny breakfast, lunch at school (usually left overs) and then I come home after work STARVING and eat chips, followed by a pretty big dinner since I'm so hungry! Then I'm so full that I want to explode... not the best idea! The challenge has really helped me to learn portion control and get used to eating smaller amounts all throughout the day. It keeps your metabolism going throughout the day. I have not been crazy hungry like you might expect, it has been pretty easy to "convert" to these habits, and if I get hungry, I eat a snack... just not half a bag of chips ;)

Well it paid off!! Marianna and I won the challenge! We lost a combined 16 pounds, 3 inches in the chest, 5.5 inches in the waist and 3 inches in the hips! Marianna killed it, without her I probably wouldn't have won but I was super excited for myself too. I have been "stuck" at a set number for probably the past 2 years. Even when I work out/tone up it doesn't go anywhere and I LOST 6 POUNDS! IN 10 DAYS! And 2 inches around my waist! Heck yeah.

And in case you are wondering how "strict I was" we went to the race, I drank multiple beers. I didn't work out every single day, but did probably 8 out of 10 days... running or a workout video. I still went to dinner at a friends and ate what she served, just small portions (and was satisfied!). So you don't have to be crazy diet lady to have success!

When school gets out I am going to do the insanity workout program and continue using Shakeology as my breakfast. I'm not going to be crazy diet lady, it's ridiculous to think that is maintainable, I like to live a social lifestyle I just wanted to get myself into habits of eating less, more often. And I think I have! I'd like to lose a few more pounds over the summer and then really just maintain.

I was seriously impressed! Marianna loved her results so much, she is now a beachbody coach. Anyone who wants to buy shakeology or be a part of a challenge or program can do so through her :)

So it makes me a little uncomfortable but I LOVE how drastic this picture is ... so I'm going to share it. Note: I'm still not where I want to be but look at what happened in just 10 days!

1 comment

  1. Hey, got my site up and running!
    www.beachbody.com/MariannaC10

    ReplyDelete