Meatloaf

I recently made meatloaf that was really good, so I thought I'd share the recipe. I adapted it from a healthy version using ground turkey and a couple of other recipes I found, so here is my recipe:
1 pound of ground beef
2 egg whites
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons ketchup
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper (~1/4 teaspoon each)
Mix all of these together in a bowl, split into 4 mini loaves and place on a baking sheet.

Sauce:
1/3 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons mustard
2 tablespoons brown sugar
Stir together and put on top of each loaf

Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes.

It splits into 4 servings - 4 mini-loaves that have about 275 calories each (using 96/4 meat and skim milk), not too bad! The only picture I remembered to take was after everyone devoured theirs, so here is what was left over:

It was REALLY good!

No comments:

Post a Comment