Chicken and Pasta with Creamy Italian Sauce

I found another recipe on pinterest that I just had to try! It links back to this page, Jamie Cooks It Up, I'm going to have to peruse the site and see what other yummy recipes she has. Her recipe called for breading the chicken with corn flakes, but since I'm used to using bread crumbs and had that on hand I went with that.

What you need:
3 chicken breasts
flour
bread crumbs
2 eggs
olive oil
1   12 oz package bowtie noodles
1   10 oz container Philadelphia Cooking Cream (Italian Cheese and Herb Flavor)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 C chicken broth
1/2 C milk 

  
1. Trim the chicken of fat, cut each breast in half and flatten with a meat mallet (I usually do this before I take it out of the bag it was sealed and frozen in so it doesn't get nasty)
2. Place the flour, egg and bread crumbs each into their own bowls.

3. Drop the chicken in the flour. Be sure it gets covered on both sides, followed by the egg, then the bread crumbs. Make sure it is covered fully.
4. Start cooking your pasta.  
5. Add the olive oil to a hot skillet. 
6. Place each chicken piece into the hot oil. Cook over medium high heat for about 5 minutes....or until the underside of each piece is golden brown. 

Turn the pieces over. If the bottom of the pan is dry add just a bit more olive oil to the side of the pan and swirl it around to spread.
7. Cover the pan and reduce the heat to medium.  Let the chicken cook for about 7 more minutes, being careful not to burn the bottoms.
8. When your chicken has been cooked through remove it from the pan and place it on a plate. Cover with tin foil.  
9. Into the same pan pour your broth. Philly Cooking Creme, Cream of Chicken, and milk. Whisk the sauce around and let it get all warm and bubbly. You are really just making sure that these ingredients get completely combined and warmed, it should take less than 5 minutes.

10. Slice your chicken into strips and serve over your cooked pasta and sauce. (And add a nice yummy veggie on the side!)
*Side note, I only used 1.5 chicken breasts (and only 1 egg is necessary in that case), because that's how I cut and saved it plus just cooking for 2 I prefer not to cook that much meat at once. The pasta reheats very nicely and I will just make the other 1.5 breasts when I reheat it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment