Baked Macaroni and Cheese

I got this macaroni and cheese recipe from a friend a while back and love it. I made it again this weekend and thought I would share. I like to prepare it ahead of time and then just bake it a little bit longer.

What You Need:
1 pound macaroni noodles
16 oz cottage cheese
16 oz sour cream
3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 Tbs. butter or margarine
Salt and pepper to taste


What You Do:Cook noodles about 1 min less than directions on the box
Mix noodles with all other ingredients (save 1 cup of cheese for topping).


Pour into large baking dish.  Top with extra cup of cheese.


Bake at 350 about 45 min (until golden and bubbly)
*If you make it ahead of time and want to just bake it right before you go
that is fine, but it will need to cook longer since it has been in the fridge... I normally do it closer to an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment