I'm Running Again!

We went to the mountains over labor day weekend (check back on Monday for a post about that!) and I felt that I was finally healed enough to attempt running. It has taken a while for me to be able to completely bend my knee, I am actually still not at 100% bending, but it is much better than it was a couple of weeks ago. So after 4 weeks and 1 day I decided to give it a try in the gorgeous, cool mountain morning.
My knee as of 9/4

Mom & dad bought me awesome new running shoes since I am spending so much time running they wanted me to have nice shoes, so I put those to use for the first time!

It was so peaceful and beautiful running in the mountains and MUCH cooler than back home!

The first day I ran I only got about 1 mile before I was beat and had to walk for a bit, then I ran again. I did a total of about 1.75 miles when I saw my mom & Vegas coming towards Tyson & me. Vegas was not very happy that we left her and was crying to come out, so her super nice grandma brought her out for a walk :)

The next day I was able to run further, so it is coming back (SLOWLY) and ran consistantly until I again ran into Vegas coming to find us... this time her daddy brought her out since she was whinning again! I did about the same distance but at least I ran the whole thing! Now to work my way back up to where I was.... and then some!

No comments:

Post a Comment