Days 7 & 8 of Disney

Day 7: Friday 12/28
I woke up to this cutie Friday morning:
As we were getting off the boat to Magic Kingdom Mickey and company were saying good morning and doing the countdown to open the gates! (And this was actually at 6:58.. they were early!)

We of course went straight for Space Mountain and got a fastpass... such a fun ride! 

Then we went to the new Fantasyland again and actually rode the Barnstormer (little roller coaster).  It literally lasted 30 seconds. And to think that people wait for an hour to ride that. 
Then we enjoyed some of the "kiddie" rides that typically end up with a long wait mid-day. We rode Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan and It's a Small World all in like 20 minutes! 

Then we headed to Frontierland... it was desolate! 

We walked right on (after basically running through the long winding lanes) Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. This had also been redone, when we were there in April it was closed, but I think it was just refurbished, nothing really seemed too new. 
It's so nice to be there early as we flew right through lots of rides... Pirates of the Carribean, Space Mountain, People Mover, Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion! We also stopped in the middle of all of those for a snack... Trey and I went to Gaston's Tavern (in new Fantasyland) for an AMAZING, HUGE cinnamon bun. 

We headed out of Magic Kingdom around 11:00 to get back and settled so that Trey and Dad could make their tee time and the Palms golf course (WDW owned) at 12:42. 

While they were golfing Chad took an incredibly long nap (much appreciated by all, because that night he did hardly any snoring since he was so well rested!!). I had to do a long run for part of my training for the Princess Half that I will be running in February so I took Tyson running, I figured he would enjoy it. He was a great running partner, he ran right beside me and didn't mind/notice when people went by us on the sidewalk, he just kept on running! We ran 4 miles together then I dropped him back at the RV because I wasn't sure if he could come with me for the rest of the trail... I ran on the trail between Fort Wilderness and the Wilderness Lodge it was about a mile and a half, so I got to 7 miles. It was a beautiful day for it. 
The weather didn't stay that beautiful for the rest of the night though. I guess it had to be icky out for part of our trip.... but luckily we weren't planning on going in to a park then anyways. We went to the outlets to find the Disney outlet and a few other stores. I did some shopping in LOFT and the boys got new shoes!

Day 8: Saturday 12/29
For our last day, we started with breakfast at the Whispering Canyon Cafe (at Wilderness Lodge). It was pretty entertaining, they brought out "ponys" for the kids to ride around and they definitely acted the role of the locale. 

 After breakfast we explored around the resort a little bit. All of Disney's resorts are so pretty!

 We headed to downtown Disney to go to the HUGE Disney store and also stopped in the Lego store, only the second place we have ever seen Trey's name printed on something! 

We spent some time on Saturday packing and cleaning the inside and outside of the RV so that on Sunday we could wake up and pull out to head home. And relaxing with the doggies :)

We spent our last evening in Disney World in Magic Kingdom, a perfect way to complete the trip. It is such a magical place, especially lit up at night. We had dinner in Pinocchio Village Haus, rode the Carousel of Progress, rode the train and got ice cream in time to enjoy it while holding a spot to watch the Electric Light Parade.

View of the Contemporary from the train

 Main street lit up

The Electrical parade was great, it has been changed over the years but I remember this from when I was super young coming to Disney, it is like a Magic Kingdom staple :) A great way to top off our trip!!

And one cute shot of my boys on our drive home:

Can't wait to go back for my race in February!!

No comments:

Post a Comment